My attempts at "one shuttle Glamour earrings" leave something to be desired. Could be because I am sick.. could be because I am a dork.. who knows.
To begin I will discuss the necessity of using a Picot gauge.. coming from a die hard "eye-ball- er" when it comes to measuring. I have now learned first hand why it is important.. (see picture one) I had to resort to using smaller beads which didn't look right along with the others and even still it was all wonky as the picot's where "off." Lesson learned.
In picture two, one will notice that I missed a chain completely but my measured Picot are much better... yes I made some gauges cut from cardboard but alas.... I needed to begin again. ~~ smacks self on head~~
At this point I am fast running out of shuttles, since I went to town loading them I had quite a bit of thread left, and this pattern calls for a starting loop so it need to be CTM.. so what does one do? We practice covering rings that's what we do!
So as you can now see in picture #3 my tension is back and forth and I believe the round bead is a bit bigger then the pattern calles for. So I should have perhaps added a stich or two on each side of the SCMR to compensate.. I will give that a try next time to see if that helps. ~~Good Gravy~~ I had better get it right this time.
But since I was getting a bit grumpy about my operorator issues or lack there of, I made this... to practice wrapping the ring, split rings and empty up my shuttles and ~~Big Suprise~~ I missed a join.
Oh well... I did say this "may" end up being a blog on how NOT to tat LOL :)
Double, double toil and trouble - I designed a bookmark in pink and green that worked out OK, but I thought it would look better in two colours with the green. I grabbed my double bobbin sh...
1 day ago